Customer Support Engineer 1
Reporting to: Sr. Manager
This client facing position requires someone who excels at multi-tasking adapts quickly to a dynamic environment. Responsible for providing IT infrastructure project implementation services, post-sales support services, escalation support for clients in resolving complex technical and application-related inquiries.
Responsible to ensure timely deployment and delivery of the services to guarantee customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Have at least 6 to 7 years of the experience in handling activities (Implementation & trouble shooting) on core enterprise product line (Server, Storage, Backup, Windows, Vmware etc.,)
- Should have knowledge on Server, Storage, Backup tools, Operating systems concepts
- Should have strong technical knowledge on virtualisation technologies on Vmware platforms (vSAN, vRealise, NSX and DRS)
- Should have strong implementation knowledge and configuration
- Focused on attending to support calls and case escalations, implementation of special projects and Infrastructure upgrades
- Follow best practice for call escalation both inside and outside the support department
- Expected to provide solutions and resolve the technical issues to the complete satisfaction of the customer
- Follow up on call escalations with principals/ OEM to ensure proper response and resolution times are met
- Communicate/Report concerns, problems, opportunities, personnel related issues and critical customer issues
- Collaborate with Helpdesk, Support manager, sales, Projects and Presales functions in support of customer focused projects, programs and communications
- Supply regular status updates for all Service Requests
- Review and identify root cause for all escalated service requests and share this information to improve continuously within Implementation and Support teams
- Implement continuous improvement methods to enhance area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers
- Shall provide technical support to field engineers during escalations / Serve as backup for technical support specialist if needed
- Candidates who has worked in similar job roles/profiles will be preferred
- Design and Implementing of all enterprise products Like, Server, Storage, industry standard Backup software’s & virtualization.
- Post deployment support for Implemented Products.
- Supporting the customer on 24/7 and reachable to company / customer to show commitment.
- Extending the support on demands, as most of the IT support change requirements will be done during weekends.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
- Obtaining certificate within given target time which is most important for company.
- Maintaining confidentiality and company information with customer.
- Obtaining technical skills on new products, in-line with organization initiative and business demands.
- Maintaining of Service reports, project reports, all relevant records.
Academic: Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Electronics, IT or Computer science
- HP ASE - HP Servers & Blade System
- HP ASE - Storage Solutions
- Veeam / Commvault / Data protector
- MCSE – Microsoft Certified Professional (Includes Virtualizations )
- VMware - Virtualization Certified
- Optional Certification – If any
- Cisco Certified Network Associate.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (AD, Exchange)
Required Computers & IT Skills:
- Hardware : HPE Blade Series Servers, HP Virtual Connects, Flex Fabric, Blade switches HP ProLiant ML, DL Servers.
- Windows Platform : Implementation on MS products, Such as Active directory & Exchange, Hyper-V , MS Cluster.
- Virtualization : Implementation and supporting of complex on virtualization Infrastructures (Vmware)
- Storage : HP 3PAR,HP EVA, HP MSA, HP Replication Solutions, HP Storage Works D2D, HP ESL Tape library, HP MSL FC Tape Library.
- Backup : Veeam / Data Protector / Commvault.
- SAN : HP SAN Switches, HP Blade SAN switches
- Implementation Knowledge on VMware : Excellent Knowledge in VMware Products.
- Implementation Knowledge in Hardware: Installation of HP Blade servers & Storage.
- Installation of 3 PAR storages and SAN Switches
- Provisioning new Storages, Fiber Channel Configuration and Fabric & LUN, Management including Zoning, LUN Masking, Storage Management including creation of Disk Groups, LUN Presentation, VDisk using VRAID Type 0, 1 and 5. Replication Solutions.
- Onsite & Remote support for HP Storage products like 3 PAR, EVA,HP MSA,ESL & MSL Tape libraries.
- Installation, configuration & monitoring of HP Data Protector, Veeam and Commvualt.
Required Language Skills:
Should have effective Oral and written communication skills in English.
Shall have excellent interpersonal skills, communication and presentation skills.
Should have worked with teams and collaborative with the teams to produce efficient results.
Should be able to manage critical situations