Reporting to: General Manager
Bahwan Logistics LLC, one of the flaghip companies of Suhail Bahwan Group, is looking to recruit a seasoned Transport Professional to manage its Transport Division with a large fleet of various vehicles. Prospective candidate will have a transportation and fleet management experience of at least 15 to 20 years. He needs to be result oriented and is good at handling people at all levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Minimum required Qualification:
Should be a graduate with additional qualification in security cargo handling management.
Experience and Knowledge required for the position:
- Experience of handling a fleet strength of at least 200 vehicles.
- A pro-active planner with negotiation expertise.
- Must have dealt with vendors, CFAs, transporters, CHAs and a minimum of 3 PL vendors.
- Streamlining work flow and evolving effective operational procedures.
- Monitoring vehicle and route viability.
- Understanding of Distribution Management, developing milk run strategy as well as Hub and Spoke system across Oman.
- Liaising with Regulatory Authorities and Insurance Companies.
- Ensuring speedy processing and settlement of claims.
- Adhering to company policies and applicable laws of the land.
- Negotiating with local transporters / brokers.
- Supervising Transportation operation and completing customer service delivery cycle.
- Vendor Management / Contract / PO management.
- Primary and secondary transportation along with cost optimization.
- Preparing SOPs to ensure smooth execution of projects within cost and time parameters.
- Should have strong customer orientation with strong systems and process orientation.
- Should be well versed in fuel control and commercial vehicle management
- Should have excellent man management skills especially handling drivers and helpers
- Develop new and innovative cost control techniques
- A total team player.
Submit your CV highlighting experience specific to the job profile.